Voltage problems relating to the quality of electrical supply can involve many aspects of the electricity network: from the type and condition of the power lines, to the lack of transformer capacity.
Typical types of problems:
- Lights changing in brightness when appliances switch on or off
- Lights generally dim
- Computers restarting/crashing
- Light bulbs frequently ‘blowing’
- Problems with cooking equipment e.g. slow cooking
- Motor starting/unexpected trippings
- Equipment slowing down.
Please note that sometimes it can be difficult to identify the cause of the problem quickly, and in some cases problems can be attributed to more than one fault on the network and/or on the customer’s service line or main.
If you have concerns about the quality of your supply, please document as much information as possible, and contact your Electricity Retailer who will be able to arrange for someone to investigate the problem.
Alternatively, you can contact Westpower directly on 0800 768 242 during normal working hours.